How is it possible to move beyond the pain of a terrible, life-altering event? How can you go on when the person you love most is the cause of your hurt? Author Lysa TerKeurst has faced these questions in her own life, and she shares how her belief in God and the act of forgiveness freed her to live the happier life she ultimately deserved.
You deserve to stop suffering because of what other people have done to you.
Have you ever felt stuck in a cycle of unresolved pain, playing offenses over and over in your mind? You know you can't go on like this, but you don't know what to do next. Lysa TerKeurst has wrestled through this journey. But in surprising ways, she’s discovered how to let go of bound-up resentment and overcome the resistance to forgiving people who aren’t willing to make things right.
With deep empathy, therapeutic insight, and rich Bible teaching coming out of more than 1,000 hours of theological study, Lysa will help you:
- Learn how to move on when the other person refuses to change and never says they're sorry.
- Walk through a step-by-step process to free yourself from the hurt of your past and feel less offended today.
- Discover what the Bible really says about forgiveness and the peace that comes from living it out right now.
- Identify what's stealing trust and vulnerability from your relationships so you can believe there is still good ahead.
- Disempower the triggers hijacking your emotions by embracing the two necessary parts of forgiveness.
|Publisher:||Nelson, Thomas, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||5.60(w) x 8.50(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Introduction: I Still Cry Over What Happened xiii
Chapter 1 Forgiveness, the Double-Edged Word 1
Chapter 2 Welcome to the Table 13
Chapter 3 Is This Even Survivable? 25
Chapter 4 How Is Forgiveness Even Possible When I Feel Like This? 35
Chapter 5 Collecting the Dots 55
Chapter 6 Connecting the Dots 71
Chapter 7 Correcting the Dots 89
Chapter 8 Unchangeable Feels Unforgivable 105
Chapter 9 Boundaries That Help Us Stop Dancing with Dysfunction 119
Chapter 10 Because They Thought God Would Save Them 139
Chapter 11 Forgiving God 155
Chapter 12 The Part That Loss Plays 171
Chapter 13 Bitterness Is a Bad Deal That Makes Big Promises 187
Chapter 14 Living the Practice of Forgiveness Every Day 205
The Beauty of Forgiving 222
A Journey Through What the Bible Actually Says About Forgiveness 224
Lysa's Most Asked Questions on Forgiveness 242
Getting the Help You Need 248
Some Important Notes to Consider on Abuse 249
About the Author 259