In the #1 New York Times bestseller We Are the Gardeners, Joanna Gaines and the kids chronicle the adventures of starting their own family garden. From their failed endeavors, obstacles to overcome (bunnies that eat everything), and all of the knowledge they gain along the way, the Gaines family shares how they learned to grow a happy, successful garden.
We Are the Gardeners is a whimsical picture book perfect for:
- Ages 4-8
- Parents, libraries, classroom story times, and discussions focusing on springtime and gardening
- Households that enjoy watching HGTV's Fixer Upper
- Young children and families interested in gardening and plants
After reading, children will learn:
- Trying something new isn't always easy, but the hardest work often yields the greatest reward
- The basic steps and process of starting a garden
- The importance of patience and how it is possible to learn from your mistakes
You and your children will learn all about the Gaines family's story of becoming gardeners in Joanna's first children's bookstarting with the first little fern Chip bought for Jo. Over the years, the family's love for gardening has blossomed into what is now a beautiful, bustling garden.
|Publisher:||Nelson, Thomas, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||9.10(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.40(d)|
|Age Range:||4 - 8 Years|
About the Author
Julianna Swaney’s work is inspired by whimsical details of daily life and the fairy tales she loved reading as a child. She grew up homeschooled, which allowed free range for her imagination and interests in folklore, nature, and history. She graduated from the Maine College of Art and now lives in Portland, Oregon. Her illustrations are created using watercolor, gouache, and colored pencil. She is the illustrator of We Are the Gardeners, also by Joanna Gaines. www.juliannaswaney.com