- Gain a high-level overview of the Unity game engine while building your own games portfolio
- Discover best practices for implementing game animation, game physics, shaders, and effects
- Create fully featured apps, including Space shooter and a 2D adventure game, and develop AR/VR experiences and Game AI agents
The Unity game engine, used by millions of developers around the world, is popular thanks to its features that enable you to create games and 3D apps for desktop and mobile platforms in no time. With Unity 2020, this state-of-the-art game engine introduces enhancements in Unity tooling, editor, and workflow, among many other additions.
The third edition of this Unity book is updated to the new features in Unity 2020 and modern game development practices. Once you’ve quickly got to grips with the fundamentals of Unity game development, you’ll create a collection, a twin-stick shooter, and a 2D adventure game. You’ll then explore advanced topics such as machine learning, virtual reality, and augmented reality by building complete projects using the latest game tool kit. As you implement concepts in practice, this book will ensure that you come away with a clear understanding of Unity game development.
By the end of the book, you'll have a firm foundation in Unity development using C#, which can be applied to other engines and programming languages. You'll also be able to create several real-world projects to add to your professional game development portfolio.
- Learn the fundamentals of game development, including GameObjects, components, and scenes
- Develop a variety of games in C# and explore the brand new sprite shaping tool for Unity 3D and 2D games
- Handle player controls and input functionality for your Unity games
- Implement AI techniques such as pathfinding, finite state machines, and machine learning using Unity ML-Agents
- Create virtual and augmented reality games using UnityVR and AR Foundation
- Explore the cutting-edge features of Unity 2020 and how they can be used to improve your games
If you are a game developer or programmer new to Unity and want to get up and running with the game engine in a hands-on way, this book is for you. Unity developers looking to work on practical projects to explore new features in Unity 2020 will find this book useful. A basic understanding of C# programming is required.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.36(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsTable of Contents
- Exploring the Fundamentals of Unity
- Creating a Collection Game
- Creating a Space Shooter
- Continuing the Space Shooter Game
- Creating a 2D Adventure Game
- Continuing the 2D Adventure
- Completing the 2D Adventure
- Creating Artificial Intelligence
- Continuing with Intelligent Enemies
- Evolving AI using ML-Agents
- Entering Virtual Reality
- Completing the VR Game
- Creating an Augmented Reality Game Using AR Foundation
- Completing the AR game with the Universal Render Pipeline