Glenys Nellist, beloved author of the bestselling ’Twas the Evening of Christmas, reveals the joy and beauty of the resurrection of Jesus in a fresh, inspiring way in ’Twas the Morning of Easter. Using the classic cadence of Clement Moore’s iconic poem, “’Twas the Night Before Christmas,” this gorgeous picture book shares the true story of Easter with little ones with read-aloud rhymes and engaging illustrations by Elena Selivanova. With an eye-catching cover decorated in shining foil and embossing, this book is perfect for any Easter basket and sure to be a treasured Easter tradition for years to come.
’Twas the Morning of Easter excerpt:
’Twas the morning of Easter, before the sun rose, Two guards on a hillside were trying to doze. Now Jesus had died, only three days before, A huge stone was in place, sealed over the door.
’Twas the Morning of Easter:
- Is written by Glenys Nellist, author of the beloved The Wonder That Is You, and the Snuggle Time and Love Letters from God series
- Is told in the style of Clement Moore’s iconic poem—“’Twas the Night before Christmas”
- Retells the story of the resurrection of Jesus in a fresh way
- Features a familiar rhythm and rhyme that children ages 4-8 will love
- Brings the resurrection story to life through Elena Selivanova’s beautiful, rich illustrations
- Is the perfect way for adults to share the powerful story of Easter with the little ones in their lives
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.50(d)|
|Age Range:||4 - 8 Years|
About the Author
Elena Selivanova graduated from the Moscow State University of Printing Arts and has worked for twenty years as a children’s book illustrator. She has illustrated over one hundred books and has created a wide variety of memorable and beloved characters.