The book contains:
- historical references regarding the establishment of General Average from Roman Law onwards;
- details of the establishment of International rules to achieve uniformity in the adjustment of General Average and their development:
- the Glasgow Resolutions of 1860;
- the York rules of 1864; and
- the York-Antwerp Rules 1877, 1890, 1924, 1950, 1974, 1994, 2004 and 2016;
- a detailed analysis of the York-Antwerp Rules 2016;
- CMI Guidelines relating to General Average;
- general average security;
- general average absorption clauses; and
- new to this edition: insurance of average disbursements.
About the Author
Michael Harvey is an average adjuster, having been a partner of Wm. Elmslie & Son and subsequently a director of INDECS Limited and currently Harvey Ashby Limited. He is a Fellow of the Association of Average Adjusters and served as Chairman in 2004/5. He is also a member of Association Mondiale de Dispacheurs and served as its President in 2013/15. He served on the London insurance market committee that devised and revised the International Hull Clauses in 2002 and 2003. He has addressed the International Marine Claims Conference on several occasions and chaired the sub-committee that formulated the IMCC Claims Handling Guidelines of 2009. He was also a member of the CMI International Working Group that was responsible for formulating the York-Antwerp Rules 2016.