Joanna Gaines knows a thing or two about creativity and turning a challenge into beautiful art. In her second picture book, an inspirational message of acceptance and celebrating uniqueness is paired with and elevated by Julianna Swaney's harmonious illustrations. A perpetually relevant and necessary concept, teamwork and celebrating our differences can lead to a truly beautiful outcome. "See how beautiful it can be when our differences share the same sky."
Together with Joanna, you and your kids will take a journey of growth and imagination as you learn in full color that:
- We should celebrate every child's one-of-a-kind strengths as well as teamwork and acceptance of differences
- Everything can be made more beautiful when we share our talents and abilities
- We should lend a helping hand and do our best to take care of one another
The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be is a vibrant picture book perfect for:
- Ages 4-8
- Parents, libraries, classroom story times, and discussions about diversity and being a good human being
- Households that enjoy watching Chip and Joanna on Magnolia Network and HGTV's Fixer Upper
With plenty of pink, a bounty of blue, orange and green and yellow too, this vibrant hot-air balloon adventure celebrates every child and teaches kids that we are in this together. "You're one of a kind, and it's so clear to see: The world needs who you were made to be."
|Publisher:||Nelson, Thomas, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||9.20(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.40(d)|
|Age Range:||4 - 8 Years|
About the Author
Julianna Swaney’s work is inspired by whimsical details of daily life and the fairy tales she loved reading as a child. She grew up homeschooled, which allowed free range for her imagination and interests in folklore, nature, and history. She graduated from the Maine College of Art and now lives in Portland, Oregon. Her illustrations are created using watercolor, gouache, and colored pencil. She is the illustrator of We Are the Gardeners, also by Joanna Gaines. www.juliannaswaney.com