Her problem was, how could she be sure of what the Bible was really saying, when we are so separated from the ancient Jewish culture in which it was written?
As a lifelong student of Scripture, Kathie Lee Gifford has always desired a deeper understanding of God’s Word and a deeper knowledge of God Himself. But it wasn’t until she began studying the biblical texts in their original Hebrew and Greek—along with actually hiking the ancient paths of Israel—that she found the fulfillment of those desires.
In this six-session video study, Kathie Lee invites you to join her as she visits sites in Israel that have impacted her life. As she shares her story, Rabbi Jason Sobel, a messianic Jewish rabbi who was trained in the ancient rabbinical way, provides fascinating background details into the language, culture and heritage that make the story of the New Testament come alive. Kathie Lee and Rabbi Sobel will take you and your group beyond the typical "Sunday school" teaching to examine the original texts of the Bible.
Now you can walk with Kathie on a journey through the spiritual foundations of her faith:
- The Rock (Jesus Christ): Hear directly from Kathie about her life-changing and ever-deepening connection with Jesus, the Lover of her soul.
- The Road (Israel): Explore dozens of ancient landmarks and historical sites from Israel, the promised land of God’s covenant.
- The Rabbi (God’s Word): Go beyond a Sunday-school approach to the Bible by digging into the original languages and deeper meanings of the Holy Scriptures.
Come! Explore the land of Israel and mine the treasures of God's Word. There is so much more!
- Bethlehem: Where It All Began (14:00)
- Nazareth: The Early Years (14:00)
- Capernaum: Ministry Headquarters (14:00)
- Galilee: Ministry Grounds (17:00)
- Mount of Olives: The Triumphal Entry (14:00)
- Jerusalem: Crucifixion and Resurrection (14:30)
Designed for use with The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi Study Guide (9780310095019), sold separately.
|Publisher:||Nelson, Thomas, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||5.30(w) x 7.50(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Rabbi Jason Sobel is the founder of Fusion Global. This ministry seeks to bring people into the full inheritance of the faith by connecting treasures of “the old and the new.” Rabbi Jason’s voice is authentic, being raised in a Jewish home, and qualified by years of diligent academic work. His voice is prophetic—touched by the life of the Spirit. He has a radical testimony of his supernatural encounter with Yeshua-Jesus This moment awakened him to his calling and destiny.
Rabbi Jason received his rabbinic ordination from the UMJC (Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations) in 2005. He has a B.A. in Jewish Studies (Moody) and an M.A. in Intercultural Studies (Southeastern Seminary). He is a sought-after speaker and has made multiple appearances on national television, including the Trinity Broadcasting Network, the Daystar Network, and the Dr. Oz Show. Rabbi Jason is the author of Breakthrough: Living a Life That Overflows, Finding Jesus in the Jewish Holidays, and he is also the coauthor of New York Times bestseller The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi with Kathie Lee Gifford. You can learn more at www.rabbisobel.com