The Newly Qualified Teacher’s Handbook is an essential companion for all new teachers. Practical, comprehensive and lively, this invaluable guide covers all aspects of your first crucial months and years, and will set your teaching career off on the right track.
This updated and expanded second edition is the first book to draw on the new Induction Regulations for NQTs for September 2008 onwards. It gives tried and tested advice on everything you need to know, from induction to inspection, from getting your first job to continuing development. New features include a revised first chapter covering key areas of concern for trainees and NQTs, the updated statement of professional values and a comprehensive appendix detailing the code of conduct for teachers and further reading and references. Areas covered include:
- finding jobs and coping with them
- the interview process
- easing stresses and difficulties
- staffroom politics and etiquette
- what makes lessons effective
- the latest legislative requirements
- professional development and looking after the future.
The Newly Qualified Teacher’s Handbook is an indispensable survival guide for all NQTs and trainees who want to sail swiftly and successfully through the first years of their teaching career.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||562 KB|
About the Author
Elizabeth Holmes completed her PGCE at the Institute of Education, London. After teaching in London and Oxfordshire she became Head of History at a school in West Sussex. She now writes on education and health issues for a variety of national publications and websites, and prepares training and development materials.
Table of Contents
1. Need to Know Basics 2. Applying for Jobs 3. Succeeding in Interviews 4. All about Induction 5. Joining a School 6. Behaviour Management 7. Being an Effective Teacher 8. Work/Life Balance 9. Working with Colleagues and Parents 10. Tutoring and Beyond 11. Inspections 12. Non-Teaching Commitments 13. Continuing Professional Development 14. Resource Bank