This updated and expanded second edition is the first book to draw on the new Induction Regulations for NQTs for September 2008 onwards. It gives tried and tested advice on everything you need to know, from induction to inspection, from getting your first job to continuing development. New features include a revised first chapter covering key areas of concern for trainees and NQTs, the updated statement of professional values and a comprehensive appendix detailing the code of conduct for teachers and further reading and references. Areas covered include:
- finding jobs and coping with them
- the interview process
- easing stresses and difficulties
- staffroom politics and etiquette
- what makes lessons effective
- the latest legislative requirements
- professional development and looking after the future.
The Newly Qualified Teacher’s Handbook is an indispensable survival guide for all NQTs and trainees who want to sail swiftly and successfully through the first years of their teaching career.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.19(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)|
About the Author