18.99 In Stock
Everything you need to know about Golden Retrievers is here, from buying one to grooming, training, understanding the breed standard, breeding and health concerns.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||26 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
JULIE CAIRNS has been active in Golden Retrievers for 25 years. She competes with her dogs in conformation, obedience, hunting tests and field trials. She has been an obedience instructor for more than 15 years and is a charter member of the Humboldt Dog Obedience Group and a member of the National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors. Julie is also a member of the Golden Retriever Club of America, and has been an officer in her local retriever field club since 1978. When the AKC Hunt Test program began in 1984, her club held the first sanctioned test on the West Coast. Since then, Julie has been much in demand as a hunt test judge. In 1995 she was one of three judges at the Master National Retriever Club Test and is currently on the board of directors of the Master National Club. Julie has also worked as a professional dog groomer and volunteers at her local Humane Society.
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
1. Meet the Golden Retriever.
2. A History of the Golden Retriever.
3. Understanding the Breed Standard.
4. How to Find the Right Golden Retriever.
5. Living With a Golden Retriever.
6. Keeping Your Golden Healthy.
7. Routine Care.
8. The Golden Coat.
9. Showing the Golden Retriever.
10. The Golden Retriever in the Field.
11. What Else Can You Do With a Golden?
12. The Headliners.
13. What You Should Know About Breeding.
14. Caring for the Older Golden Retriever.
15. The Golden Retriever Club of America.
Appendix A: Resources.
Appendix B: Golden Retriever Club of America Code of Ethics.
Appendix C: Titles a Golden Can Earn.
Appendix D: The GRCA Hall of Fame.
Appendix E: National Specialty Winners.