A revolutionary new look into everything "Airedale"; a MUST-READ that includes practical tips, tricks, and insights to help a new (or seasoned) Airedale Terrier owner.
Using interviews with several top Airedale Terrier breeders, author and experienced Airedale owner Andrea Berman has created an in-depth look at what it REALLY takes to successfully live with, raise, and train an Airedale Terrier.
Covering all the Airedale-specific topics you NEED TO KNOW, such as:
- The unique characteristics and quirks of the Airedale Terrier breed
- Early training (including housebreaking) strategies for Airedale Terriers
- Choosing the proper supplies and food for an Airedale puppy
- Helpful strategies for socializing an Airedale Terrier with other dogs
- Health care advice for each stage of your Airedale Terriers life
- Grooming tips that an Airedale owner needs to know!
If you are considering bringing an Airedale Terrier into your home (or already have!) then you need to read this book as soon as possible!
"From your first thought of getting an Airedale Terrier, a truly unique breed, thru the final days of your relationship, this book will help you and your pup navigate your journey. With sound advice on all aspects of dog ownership with the emphasis on the uniqueness of the Airedale, this book covers it." Mike Rufe - Airedale Owner
"As experienced dog owners, but new to the Airedale breed, this book has proved invaluable on our journey with our adopted, adult male. It provides helpful, practical suggestions for all aspects of an Airedale's life and recognizes that as they are a bright intelligent dog, full of personality and fun, a different approach may be needed. Well written and informative, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this book to anyone intending to share their life with an Airedale." Sarah Bradbury - Airedale ownerThe Complete Guide to Airedale Terriers was written by professional dog trainer Andrea Berman whose own Airedale, Murphy, arrived as an impish puppy with a penchant for mischief, a passion for excavating the garden, and a ravenous appetite for socks, sofas, and oriental carpets. With gentle consistency, positive reinforcement, and a thorough understanding of the Airedale's personality, Murphy's training guided her toward a new direction as she became a sweet and loving therapy dog who comforted hospital patients and nursing home residents, and brought joy to all she met.
Topics covered include:
- Is a Airedale the right dog for me?
- Should I buy from a breeder or adopt from a rescue?
- I brought my Airedale home. What now?
- How can I best train my Airedale?
- What are some common mistakes should I avoid?
The easy-to-read format is chock-full of lighthearted, practical advice and guidance for new, as well as experienced, dog owners. Chapters include all the basics such as:
- Get Acquainted With The Airedale Terrier
- Before You Buy an Airedale
- Buying Vs. Adopting
- Preparing For Your New Arrival
- Hidden Household Dangers
- Supplies For Your Dog
- Welcoming Your Airedale To His New Home
- Where Are Your Manners?
- The Commands
- The Importance of Socializing
- Surviving The Teen Years
- Do You Need A Professional Dog Trainer?
- Dealing With Unwanted Behavior - Your Dog's Bad Habits
- Your Airedale Terrier's Health And Nutrition
- Your Aging Airedale
If there's an Airedale Terrier in your future, and we sincerely hope there is, this book will help prepare you to emBARK on the journey of a lifetime - a journey that will bring you laughter, tail wags, an unending supply of sloppy kisses, and countless treasured memories. Get ready for your Airedale Adventure!