Mark told it like it was so you could see Jesus as He is.
Each Gospel, or biography of Jesus, is unique. Likely penned first, Mark's fast-paced narrative takes you into the action and gets to the point. With the verse-by-verse insights in The Smart Guide to the Bible: The Book of Mark, you'll experience the unparalleled power of Jesus and be inspired to live with greater authenticity and purpose.
The Smart Guide to the Bible is a series of simplified commentaries designed to uncomplicate God's word for everyday Bible readers. Every page contains handy features or learning aids like these:
- cross-references to other Scriptures
- brief commentaries from experts
- points to ponder
- the big picture of how passages fit with the entire Bible
- practical tips for applying biblical truths to life
- simple definitions of key words and concepts
- interesting maps, charts, and illustrations
- wrap-ups of each biblical passage
- study questions
Whether you're new to the Bible, a long-time student of Scripture, or somewhere in between, you'll appreciate the many ways The Smart Guide to the Bible: The Book of Mark goes far beyond your typical Bible study tool. The practical, relevant helps on each page lead you to get the most out of God's word.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Lawrence O. Richards has written over 200 Christian books, including commentaries on every book of the Bible and Zondervan bestselling Adventure Bible and Teen Study Bible, which he did with his wife, Sue.