This practical, wise, and encouraging book contains all the information a couple or an individual needs to investigate adoption alternatives, arrange for and complete a successful adoption, and raise an adoptive family. Beginning with a broad overview of options for both domestic and foreign adoption, the author provides details about agencies, home studies, paperwork, and legal issues. Also covered are procedures for agency and independent adoptions as well as concerns about intercountry adoption, special-needs children, preparing for a child's arrival, and longer term questions about the impact of adoption on your family over the years.
This newly revised fourth edition features:
- more information on open adoption and creating the relationship with birth parents that's right for you and your child;
- the latest on financing an adoption, including loans, government subsidies, and tax credits;
- the best sources for pursuing an international adoption;
- new stories throughout from birth mothers, adoptive parents, and adopted children to illustrate adoption issues today, and a detailed bibliography for further reading;
- and completely updated listings of over a thousand domestic agencies, parent groups, information exchanges, and public service offices.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||7.96(w) x 10.92(h) x 1.39(d)|