Study Guide for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts and Practice / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Temporarily Out of Stock Online
- UNIQUE! Steps Toward Better Communication sections include a vocabulary-building glossary, completion tasks, pronunciation and grammar exercises, and communication exercises.
- UNIQUE! To the Student preface offers study hints for all students and additional tips for students with limited English proficiency.
- Review Questions for the NCLEX-PN® Examination, which include alternate-item format questions, test your knowledge of chapter content while providing valuable practice for the Boards.
- Critical Thinking activities based on concepts in the textbook encourage you to apply what you have learned and draw conclusions.
- Setting Priorities questions ask you to rank tasks in order of importance.
- Cultural Points explore how the health care field varies in different countries, and how culture affects healthcare in our own country, to give you a broader perspective of nursing care outside your own comfort zone.
- Clinical Situations applied to sample practice situations stimulate critical thinking and practical application of nursing concepts.
- Meeting Clinical Objectives activities help you meet stated clinical practice objectives of the corresponding chapter.
- Grammar Points exercises give you a refresher on common grammatical errors made in the nursing field.
- Word Attack Skills provide focused concentration on some of the more important or confusing terms in the curriculum.
- Review of structure and function of the human body refreshes you on content learned in previous classes and how it applies to this curriculum.
- Completion exercises with key terms reinforce nursing vocabulary.
- Short answer, identification, multiple choice, and matching questions use multiple formats to test your knowledge of concepts conveyed in the text.
- Application of the Nursing Process questions reinforce the different stages of the nursing process.
- Answer key for all activities and questions is provided to instructors to distribute to students at their discretion.
- NEW! Updated exercises reflect the most current textbook content.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Study Guide|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of ContentsUnit One: Medical-Surgical Nursing Settings, Roles, and Issues
1. Caring for Medical-Surgical Patients
2. Critical Thinking and the Nursing Process
Unit Two: Medical-Surgical Patient Care Problems
3. Fluids, Electrolytes, Acid-Base Balance, and Intravenous Therapy
4. Care of Preoperative and Intraoperative Surgical Patients
5. Care of Postoperative Surgical Patients
6. Infection Prevention and Control
7. Care of Patients with Pain
8. Care of Patients with Cancer
9. Chronic Illness and Rehabilitation
Unit Three: Immune System
10. The Immune and Lymphatic Systems
11. Care of Patients with HIV/AIDS
12. Care of Patients with Immune and Lymphatic Disorders
Unit Four: Respiratory System
13. The Respiratory System
14. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Upper Respiratory System
15. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Lower Respiratory System
Unit Five: Hematologic System
16. The Hematologic System
17. Care of Patients with Hematologic Disorders
Unit Six: Cardiovascular System
18. The Cardiovascular System
19. Care of Patients with Hypertension and Peripheral Vascular Disease
20. Care of Patients with Cardiac Disorders
21. Care of Patients with Coronary Artery Disease and Cardiac Surgery
Unit Seven: Neurologic System
22. The Neurologic System
23. Care of Patients with Head and Spinal Cord Injuries
24. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Brain
25. Care of Patients with Degenerative Neurologic Disorders
Unit Eight: Sensory System
26. The Sensory System: Eye and Ear
27. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Eyes and Ears
Unit Nine: Gastrointestinal System
28. The Gastrointestinal System
29. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Upper Gastrointestinal System
30. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Lower Gastrointestinal System
31. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Gallbladder, Liver, and Pancreas
Unit Ten: Musculoskeletal System
32. The Musculoskeletal System
33. Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal and Connective Tissue Disorders
Unit Eleven: Urinary System
34. The Urinary System
35. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Urinary System
Unit Twelve: Endocrine System
36. The Endocrine System
37. Care of Patients with Pituitary, Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Adrenal Disorders
38. Care of Patients with Diabetes and Hypoglycemia
Unit Thirteen: Reproductive System
39. Care of Women with Reproductive Disorders
40. Care of Men with Reproductive Disorders
41. Care of Patients with Sexually Transmitted Infections
Unit Fourteen: Integumentary System
42. The Integumentary System
43. Care of Patients with Integumentary Disorders and Burns
Unit Fifteen: Emergency and Disaster Management
44. Care of Patients During Disasters, Bioterrorism Attacks, and Pandemic Infections
45. Care of Patients with Trauma or Shock
Unit Sixteen: Mental Health Nursing of the Adult
46. Care of Patients with Anxiety, Mood, and Eating Disorders
47. Care of Patients with Substance Abuse Disorders
48. Care of Patients with Cognitive Disorders
49. Care of Patients with Thought and Personality Disorders