Current price is , Original price is $37.95. You
Study Guide for Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing / Edition 4 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Temporarily Out of Stock Online
37.95 Out Of Stock
Reinforce your understanding of nursing concepts and skills, and apply that knowledge to nursing practice! Corresponding to the chapters in deWit’s Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing, 4th Edition, this study guide provides practice exercises, review questions, and application activities to help you gain a solid understanding of the principles and skills you’ll need to succeed in your nursing classes and in your career.
- Steps to Better Communication sections in each chapter include a vocabulary building glossary, NCLEX exam-style completion exercises, grammar and pronunciation exercises, and cultural issues.
- Review Questions for the NCLEX-PN Examination include multiple-choice and alternate-format questions related to content in the textbook.
- Clinical Situations ask you to apply key concepts to nursing practice.
- Setting Priorities questions ask you to rank tasks in order of importance prioritization is one of the most important skills in nursing.
- Application of the Nursing Process questions help you make the connection between the nursing process and real-world patient care.
- Text page references make it easy to locate answers in the textbook.
- To the Student instructions provide study hints to ESL and non-ESL students.
- Updated content reflects current issues in nursing, such as QSEN standards.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Study Guide|
|Product dimensions:||8.44(w) x 10.66(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of ContentsUnit One: Introduction to Nursing and the Health Care System 1. Nursing and the Health Care System 2. Concepts of Health, Illness, and Health Promotion 3. Legal and Ethical Aspects of Nursing Unit Two: The Nursing Process 4. The Nursing Process and Critical Thinking 5. Assessment, Nursing Diagnosis, and Planning 6. Implementation and Evaluation Unit Three: Communication in Nursing 7. Documentation of Nursing Care 8. Communication and the Nurse-Patient Relationship 9. Patient Teaching 10. Delegation, Leadership, and Management Unit Four: Developmental, Psychosocial, and Cultural Considerations 11. Growth and Development: Infancy Through Adolescence 12. Adulthood and the Family 13. Promoting Healthy Adaptation to Aging 14. Cultural and Spiritual Aspects of Patient Care 15. Loss, Grief, and the Dying Patient Unit Five: Basic Nursing Skills 16. Infection Prevention and Control: Protective Mechanisms and Asepsis 17. Infection Prevention and Control in the Hospital and Home 18. Lifting, Moving, and Positioning Patients 19. Assisting with Hygiene, Personal Care, Skin Care, and the Prevention of Pressure Ulcers 20. Patient Environment and Safety 21. Measuring Vital Signs 22. Assessing Health Status 23. Admitting, Transferring, and Discharging Patients 24. Diagnostic Tests and Specimen Collection Unit Six: Meeting Basic Physiologic Needs 25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance 26. Concepts of Basic Nutrition and Cultural Considerations 27. Diet Therapy and Assisted Feeding 28. Assisting with Respiration and Oxygen Delivery 29. Promoting Urinary Elimination 30. Promoting Bowel Elimination 31. Pain, Comfort and Sleep 32. Complementary and Alternative Therapies Unit Seven: Medication Administration 33. Pharmacology and Preparation for Drug Administration 34. Administering Oral, Topical, and Inhalant Medications 35. Administering Intradermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Injections 36. Administering Intravenous Solutions and Medications Unit Eight: Care of the Surgical and Immobile Patient 37. Care of the Surgical Patient 38. Providing Wound Care and Treating Pressure Ulcers 39. Promoting Musculoskeletal Function Unit Nine: Caring for the Elderly 40. Common Physical Care Problems of the Elderly 41. Common Psychosocial Care Problems of the Elderly
Skills Performance Checklists
Collaborative Success Plan for Retesting