- Plan, execute and deliver your projects with confidence
- Stay in control to deliver on time, within budget and to the right quality
- Motivate your teams to perform to their full potential
Guide your project to success, stay within budget and reduce risk
Updated with fresh content, tips, and tactics that cover everything you need to know from a project's start to finish, this fun and accessible guide takes the guesswork out of project management. Showing you what works—and what doesn't—it arms you with the latest best practices and techniques so you can plan and manage projects like a pro.
- Great expectations — identify unique characteristics of projects, set realistic expectations and focus on project justification
- Lay the foundation — build your plans with a sturdy structure from start to finish, develop the project schedule and estimate the resources you need
- Get your ducks lined up — assign roles and responsibilities and find out how to get the very best from your teams
- Get behind the wheel — discover how to monitor, track, analyse and report on your project's progress once it's up and running
Open the book and find:
- Clear and simple explanations of powerful planning techniques
- Essential areas of financial planning and risk management
- Why understanding your project's stakeholders is key
- How to use technology to up your game
- The importance of good project governance
- How to write a convincing Business Case
- Access to online templates and checklists
Related collections and offers
|Sold by:||JOHN WILEY & SONS|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Nick Graham is founder and director of Inspirandum Ltd, and is a member of the Association for Project Management and of the Institute of Directors. His consultancy work has ranged from helping plan complex projects to advising senior managers on how to implement project management approaches.
Table of Contents
Part I: Understanding Projects and What You Want to Achieve.
Chapter 1:Project Management: The Key to Achieving Results.
Chapter 2: Thinking Through the Life of Your Project.
Chapter 3: Defining the Project and Producing a Business Case.
Chapter 4: Knowing Your Project’s Stakeholders.
Part II: Building the Plans.
Chapter 5: Planning with Deliverables First.
Chapter 6: You Want This Project Done When?
Chapter 7: Looking At Staf f Resources.
Chapter 8: Planning for Other Resources and Developing the Budget.
Chapter 9: Planning at Different Times and Levels.
Chapter 10: Venturing into the Unknown: Dealing with Risk and Uncertainty.
Part III: Putting Your Management Team Together.
Chapter 11: Organising the Project.
Chapter 12: Working With Teams and Specialists.
Chapter 13: Being an Ef fective Leader.
Part IV: Steering the Project to Success.
Chapter 14: Tracking Progress and Staying in Control.
Chapter 15: Keeping Everyone Informed.
Chapter 16: Bringing Your Project to Closure.
Part V: Taking Your Project Management to the Next Level.
Chapter 17: Managing Multiple Projects.
Chapter 18: Using Technology to Up Your Game.
Chapter 19: Monitoring Project Performance with Earned Value Management.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Questions to Ask Yourself as You Plan Your Project.
Chapter 21: Ten Tips for Writing a Convincing Business Case.
Chapter 22: Ten Tips for Being a Better Project Manager.