This adaptation includes:
- The latest methods to manage resources and stay on track and within budget
- Coverage for dealing with the pros and cons of virtual teams
- Tips and information on setting realistic expectations and meeting everyone’s needs
- Methods and strategies to get tasks done with minimal staff
- Tips and advice for motivating a project team
- The latest concepts and fundamentals behind best-practice project management techniques
- The mindset and skill set of today’s most effective project managers—what it really takes to guarantee a successful project
- Information on how to involve project audiences by conducting a Stakeholder Analysis
- Trends and tough project types
- Assessment tools to determine strengths and weaknesses for everything from choosing software to selecting a project team
- Tactics for team motivation and the hottest risk management strategies
Related collections and offers
|Sold by:||JOHN WILEY & SONS|
|File size:||9 MB|
About the Author
Stanley E. Portny is a project management consultant and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He has provided training and consultation to more than 150 public and private organisations, and has developed and conducted training programmes for more than 50,000 management and staff.
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
Part I: Understanding Projects and What You Want to Achieve.
Chapter 1:Project Management: The Key to Achieving Results.
Chapter 2: Thinking Through the Life of Your Project.
Chapter 3: Defining the Project and Producing a Business Case.
Chapter 4: Knowing Your Project’s Stakeholders.
Part II: Building the Plans.
Chapter 5: Planning with Deliverables First.
Chapter 6: You Want This Project Done When?
Chapter 7: Looking At Staf f Resources.
Chapter 8: Planning for Other Resources and Developing the Budget.
Chapter 9: Planning at Different Times and Levels.
Chapter 10: Venturing into the Unknown: Dealing with Risk and Uncertainty.
Part III: Putting Your Management Team Together.
Chapter 11: Organising the Project.
Chapter 12: Working With Teams and Specialists.
Chapter 13: Being an Ef fective Leader.
Part IV: Steering the Project to Success.
Chapter 14: Tracking Progress and Staying in Control.
Chapter 15: Keeping Everyone Informed.
Chapter 16: Bringing Your Project to Closure.
Part V: Taking Your Project Management to the Next Level.
Chapter 17: Managing Multiple Projects.
Chapter 18: Using Technology to Up Your Game.
Chapter 19: Monitoring Project Performance with Earned Value Management.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Questions to Ask Yourself as You Plan Your Project.
Chapter 21: Ten Tips for Writing a Convincing Business Case.
Chapter 22: Ten Tips for Being a Better Project Manager.