How Do You Write a Love Story?
THE STORY GRID WILL TEACH YOU
The Story Grid is a writing tool that...
- Tells you if your Story “works” or “doesn’t work.”
- Pinpoints Story problems without abusing you, the writer. The Story Grid asserts that you are not the problem. The problem is the problem.
- Reveals—in very specific terms—what you must do to fix your Story’s problems.
- Guides you in re-envisioning and resuscitating a seemingly irredeemable pile of paper you’ve stuck in an attic drawer.
- Helps to inspire an original creation.
Why Is Pride and Prejudice the Consummate Love Story?
THE STORY GRID WILL SHOW YOU
You’ve read Jane Austen’s classic Love Story and you aspire to write one yourself.
What do you do now?
In a magical world, Jane Austen would sit down with you and explain how she wrote a novel that sells approximately 400,000 copies a year...more than two centuries after it was published!
In the real world, Pride and Prejudice, The Story Grid Edition is the next best thing. By transforming the reading experience into writing inspiration, it breaks down how Jane Austen abided by the five commandments of storytelling in each and every scene of her novel. And it shows you how she delivered the obligatory scenes and conventions of the Love Story genre.
Pride and Prejudice, The Story Grid Edition details the craft behind the dazzling storytelling and shows you how to tell your own best Love Story.
A master fiction and nonfiction book editor, Shawn Coyne created The Story Grid to help authors tell stories that work. Based on 25+ years of experience working with bestselling authors (including Steven Pressfield, Anita Raghavan, Bill Murray, Ann Scott Tyson, David Mamet, Mo Hayder, Robert Crais, Scott Patterson, Robert McKee, and Michael Connelly). The Story Grid is a proven tool to make you a better writer.
Visit www.storygrid.com for more.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Date of Birth:December 16, 1775
Date of Death:July 18, 1817
Place of Birth:Village of Steventon in Hampshire, England
Place of Death:Winchester, Hampshire, England
Education:Taught at home by her father