This book was written for heterosexual men that have endured a failed long-term relationship with a woman and are having a difficult time picking up the pieces and starting over in life. This book will appeal especially to those men who have discovered that their wife committed infidelity. For these men, life as they know it was completely turned upside down. I understand the confusion, the despair, and the anger that you are going through. I went through it all, too. You need a little help, a little boost, to help you understand it all and to get you up and over the wall. That’s what this book is for.
Maybe you’ve never been married. Maybe you just had a long-term girlfriend that suddenly broke up with you and you’re trying to understand what happened and how to successfully move forward. For you, consider this book a lesson in both why your breakup may have happened AND how you can avoid a ton of trouble with the women in your future (yes, there WILL be more women). Learn from all of us who have been there and done that. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say.
In 2015, I started the website at dadstartingover.com as a way for me to write and talk about my experiences and my personal philosophies about relationships as I move forward in life. I continue to learn as I go. Creating the website and my regular articles were very much a form of therapy for me. Thankfully, I have received a healthy amount of emails and web traffic that continues to grow.
There was and continues to be a growing demand for the material on my site. At the time of this writing, dadstartingover.com is at or near the top of search results for popular terms like “dead bedrooms”, “signs my wife cheated on me”, and “wife wants open marriage”. Thousands of men are online looking for answers they never thought they would need. Some men don’t like what they read on my site. It cuts a little too close to the bone for them. It’s not the warm and fuzzy solutions they were looking for. Yet, most men that contact me find the information
valuable and eye-opening. The site gives them the extra oomph they need to come to terms with their situation and to begin the process of starting over.
Are you one of these men? You are not alone. Not by a longshot. Welcome to the club.
|Publisher:||Dad Starting Over|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.38(d)|
Table of Contents
Who This Book is For
PART 1: RETHINKING RELATIONSHIPS
Chapter 1: Why Did This Happen?
- Loss of Respect
- She Becomes Your Mother
- Other Women Lost Interest in You, and You Lost Interest in Other Women
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Nice Guy Syndrome
- Putting Women on a Pedestal
- Weakness and Vulnerability Are Not a Male Virtue
- The Mysterious Female Sex Drive
- The Open Marriage Phenomenon
- Who Cares?
Chapter2: Real Love
- What is Real Love?
- Every Man Thinks He Can Win the Relationship Lottery
- You Don’t NEED Real Love
- The Times They Are-a-Changin’
- The Great Irony of Love
Chapter 3: Succeeding in Relationships
- The Ugly Truth of the Modern-Day Dating Game
- Don’t Make Dating and Marriage Your Life’s Mission
- Never Be Ashamed to be the MHNNM
- Lover vs. Provider
- The Elusive Lover + Provider Man
- The Career Gal
- No Lover+Provider Guys Available? Time for Plan B
- A Lot of Men Are ONLY Comfortable in the Provider Role
- What’s In Store for the Provider in a Relationship
- Be More LIke a Woman
- Social Anxiety
- The Secret to Picking Up Women
- Women Test Men Constantly
- The Delicate Balancing Game
- Is The Juice Worth The Squeeze?
PART 2: YOU NEED A MISSION
Chapter 4: Keep Busy
- Choosing Your Mission
- Be In Control
- Chapter 5: Mandatory Mission #1: Your Body
- You Are What You Eat
- What Diet is Right for You?
- Get Thee to a Doctor
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Working Out
- Trying to Lose Fat? Be Patient
Chapter 6: Mandatory Mission #1: Your Money
- Beware of Manic Optimism
- Embrace Your Male Cheapness
- Get Out of Debt
- The Cost of Marriage
- Take Advantage of This Time
Chapter 7: Obstacles
- The Well-Intentioned Worriers
- The Truly Toxic
- Your Habits