"I'm so happy I got one as a gift because I am finding the practice of writing down a couple of simple notes about what I just read is cementing the reading journey I've been on and is helping me tame that chaotic feeling. Instead of just chewing up books and spitting them out afterward, I'm forced to really think for a few minutes in a way I haven't since a couple of half-hearted attempts to be in a book group. Highly recommended. P.S. I just bought one to give to a friend!"
Get the most out of your reading experience with:
• Thoughtful prompts to record what makes each book uniquely meaningful to you, think about which books you’d like to share with whom and why, and note the lines that moved you most or the life lessons you learned
• Lists of books you’d like to re-read—and why
• Space to rate covers, writing style, and more
• Dedicated pages to write about favorite genres, bookstores, covers, and more
• Tracker to record books you’d like to gift—and to whom
• Imaginative prompts like which authors you’d invite to a dinner party
• Blank lined note pages for capturing your own thoughts and feelings
• Charming spot illustrations and inspirational quotes from writers and artists about their love of reading
• Elegant hardcover design with stunning copper foil cover
More than just a list of books, this unique literary keepsake is for any reader who wants to enrich their reading life and a perfect gift for all bookworms!
Read an Excerpt
Book lovers do not need to be reminded of the pleasures of reading—the power of books to transport us to lands unknown or imagined or, conversely, to make us see familiar places with a fresh eye; the way books drop us into the lives, minds, and hearts of other people so thoroughly that we become those characters, at least for the time we are reading; the incomparable feeling when we finish a great book, knowing that reading it has made us into a different person than we were before we opened it.
Book lovers sometimes do need to be reminded, however, of the title of that book that so transported us or the name of that author whose book was so brilliant that we really have to share it with someone special. This journal is designed for that book lover.
Our reading lives offer such profound pleasures, and keeping a journal is a wonderful way to deepen and enhance them. The pages of this journal offer readers the opportunity to write down the reasons why a book saved your life, or made you ugly cry, or caused you to snort with laughter; to make a note of a book you know is the perfect gift for a dear friend or that you want to suggest for your next book club meeting; to make lists of the authors you’ve loved and yearn read more of; to jot down a striking phrase or passage that you want to remember. These are just a few of the joys of reading that are enhanced by the act of keeping a journal.
Of course, journaling has many benefits beyond its obvious function of helping us keep track of our thoughts—it supports us in being mindful, focuses our attention, and helps us to process our feelings. Science has plenty to say on this point, with many studies offering evidence that keeping a journal is a positive wellness practice that improves our sense of well-being, sharpens our memories, reduces our feelings of anxiety, and can even help lift us out of depression. Book lovers know that beyond the wellness benefits of a reading journal lies the satisfaction of being able to look back and remember what made each book special.