Practice, practice, practice. Now Walter Dean Myers, the new National Ambassador for Young People's Literature and New York Times bestselling and award-winning author, walks you through the writing process.
- Examples from his writing and reading experiences
- Walter's six-box and four-box outlines for writing fiction and nonfiction
- Excerpted pages from Walter's own notebooks
- An afterword by Ross Workman, Walter's teen coauthor of kick
- Writing tips from both Walter and Ross
Anyone can be a writer, with a little help from Walter Dean Myers!
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Walter Dean Myers was the New York Times bestselling author of Monster, the winner of the first Michael L. Printz Award; a former National Ambassador for Young People's Literature; and an inaugural NYC Literary Honoree. Myers received every single major award in the field of children's literature. He was the author of two Newbery Honor Books and six Coretta Scott King Awardees. He was the recipient of the Margaret A. Edwards Award for lifetime achievement in writing for young adults, a three-time National Book Award Finalist, as well as the first-ever recipient of the Coretta Scott King-Virginia Hamilton Award for Lifetime Achievement.