After both American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, country music performer Lauren Alaina has written her first book, Getting Good at Being You. This is her faith forward advice on conquering self-doubt and believing in yourself, starting with the importance of speaking to yourself with kindness and compassion.
After years in the spotlight on American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, country music star Lauren Alaina has learned a thing or two about fighting self-doubt and feeling at home in her own skin. In Getting Good at Being You, Lauren shares stories about everything from lost loves to getting a nose ring to battling an eating disorder to grieving a loved one’s death. Each story leads to practical tips, take-it-on-the-road strategies, and encouragement for your own personal and spiritual growth.
In this book, you will be inspired to:
- speak to yourself with kindness and compassion
- chase the dreams that light your spirit on fire
- cultivate rich relationships with family and friends
- identify self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors
- offer forgiveness for yourself and others
Throughout the book, you will find:
- behind-the-scenes photos from Lauren's career in country music.
- lists, tips, and strategies to boost your self-confidence.
- prompts to help you dream big and run toward who you are.
This beautiful book is a perfect gift for
- women who celebrate other women
- birthday celebrations or career promotions
- high school and college graduations
- fans who want to know more about country music stardom
Each of us deserves head-over-heels, can't-get-enough, shout-it-from-the-mountaintops self-love. By the final page of Getting Good at Being You, that's just the kind of confidence you'll have. As Lauren discovered, maybe life is getting good after all.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Nelson, Thomas, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 5.60(h) x 0.90(d)|