78.7 In Stock
Now part of the popular LPN Threads series, the second edition of this market-leading text provides all the essential information that the LPN/LVN nurse needs to practice in an expanded number of care settings, including the traditional hospital setting, the clinic, physician's office, long-term care facility, and the home. Heavily illustrated, the text's primary themes addressed include health promotion, communication and patient teaching, critical thinking, and cultural sensitivity in providing nursing care.
- Over 465 full-color photographs and illustrations.
- More than 75 skills that follow the nursing process are clearly presented in an action/rationale format.
- Steps a more concise versions of skills are all in action/rationale format.
- Overview of Structure and Function presents basic anatomy and physiology, including a section on aging.
- Application of the Nursing Process includes nursing care plans to reinforce application.
- Elder Care Points highlight changes that occur with aging and how they affect nursing care.
- Home Care boxes highlight the necessary adaptations of nursing skills and techniques for the patient in the home care setting.
- Patient Teaching boxes include guidelines to prevent illness, promote health, and develop self-care strategies.
- Critical Thinking Activities help students develop problem-solving skills.
- Theory Objectives and Clinical Practice Objectives in each chapter highlight the most important goals.
- Think Critically About boxes encourage students to synthesize information and apply concepts.
- Communication Cues present examples of nurse-patient dialogues and instructive therapeutic communication techniques.
- Full-color LPN Threads design and content with objectives, key terms, care plans with critical thinking activities, key points, study questions, and more.
- NCLEX-PN® Examination Test Plan Comparison matches up text content with the test plan.
- Complementary and Alternative Therapies chapter covers herbal and other nontraditional therapies used in patient care.
- Delegation, Leadership, and Management chapter discusses the role of the LPN/LVN in a changing health care environment.
- Health Promotion Points boxes highlight wellness and disease prevention.
- Concept Maps help students visualize abstract processes by depicting relationships among a disorder's multiple symptoms, treatments, and side effects.
- Critical Thinking Questions at the end of nursing care plans allow students to develop problem-solving skills based on the care plan scenario.
- Includes the latest CDC hand hygiene guidelines and alcohol hand rub information, NHLB blood pressure guidelines, CPR guidelines, and information on pathogens such as "prions."
- Includes patient safety goals in medication administration from Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
- Appendix on Spanish/English health care phrases.
- NIC/NOC language for outcomes and interventions added to nursing process unit.
- Accompanying student CD-ROM includes open-book quizzes, audio glossary, animations, audio clips, video clips, an English-Spanish glossary, and more.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 11.50(h) x 1.30(d)|