- Insider advice on navigating the Strip as you explore some of that landmark street’s famous casino hotels and attractions, from Mandalay Bay’s wave pool and CityCenter’s public art displays to The Mirage’s exploding “volcano” and The Venetian’s gondola rides. Plus tips on everything to do in Downtown, info on free entertainment in the city, and on exploring hidden gems away from the hubbub of the Strip, such as the Atomic Testing Museum and Red Rock Canyon.
- Where to find the absolute best gourmet dining and buffets, as well as the hottest clubs, hippest bars, and coolest shows in town.
- Insightful commentary on gambling in the city’s famed casinos and tips for making your money last a bit longer while tackling table games and slot machines.
- Opinionated write-ups. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- All Complete guides offer user-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Table of ContentsList of Maps vi
1 THE BEST OF LAS VEGAS 1
2 LAS VEGAS IN DEPTH 18
3 SUGGESTED LAS VEGAS ITINERARIES 41
4 WHERE TO STAY 57
5 WHERE TO EAT 133
6 WHAT TO SEE & DO IN LAS VEGAS 194
7 ABOUT CASINO GAMBLING 232
8 SHOPPING 264
9 LAS VEGAS AFTER DARK 280
10 SIDE TRIPS FROM LAS VEGAS 322
11 PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO LAS VEGAS 344