- Full-colour throughout
- Free full-colour, foldout map
- Completely updated every year
- Insider advice on avoiding the crowds as you explore Florida's many theme parks, beaches and other popular resorts and attractions (and where to go to get away from it all).
- Where to find the the right bite for your appetite: from fresh-off-the-boat seafood in the Keys to Miami's glitziest nightspots. From country cooking to Cuban cuisine and where to eat in and around the theme parks.
- Insightful commentary on Florida's land, its history and its people, from The Fountain of Youth, to Osceola, to boom times and the Space Race, and the arrival of the Mouse in Orlando.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writer has her hand on the pulse of what's happening every day (and night), and tells it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
Related collections and offers
Table of ContentsList of Maps vii
1 THE BEST OF FLORIDA 1
2 FLORIDA IN DEPTH 22
3 SUGGESTED FLORIDA ITINERARIES 48
4 WHERE TO STAY & EAT IN MIAMI 67
5 WHAT TO SEE & DO IN MIAMI 140
6 THE KEYS & THE DRY TORTUGAS 194
7 THE EVERGLADES & BISCAYNE NATIONAL PARK 263
8 THE GOLD COAST: HALLANDALE TO THE PALM BEACHES 284
9 THE TREASURE COAST: STUART TO SEBASTIAN 342
10 SOUTHWEST FLORIDA 363
11 THE TAMPA BAY AREA 419
12 WALT DISNEY WORLD & ORLANDO 490
13 NORTHEAST FLORIDA 556
14 NORTHWEST FLORIDA: THE PANHANDLE 629
15 PLANNING YOUR TRIP 695