- Ideal for English learners interested in English poetry.
- Detailed explanation of grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, and spelling used in the poem.
- Complete phonetic transcription in American and British English.
- Interpretation and explanation of complicated passages.
- Contains 20 beautiful illustrations by Gustave Doré.
This book should be understood as a tool for improving one's English through the poem, not just as a book about the poem itself. It explains over 200 words and phrases that are likely to be unknown to a non-native speaker, dozens of grammatical phenomena, contains detailed notes on pronunciation (in American as well as in British English), and explains complicated passages of the poem.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.25(d)|
|Age Range:||11 - 14 Years|
About the Author
Creator of the modern detective story, innovative architect of the horror genre, and a poet of extraordinary musicality, Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849) remains one of America’s most popular and influential writers. His books of collected tales and poems brim with psychological depth, almost painful intensity, and unexpected — and surprisingly modern — flashes of dark humor and irony.