The Collier on Bankruptcy Taxation has been thoroughly updated to reflect the bankruptcy tax provisions of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, Pub. L. No. 109-8, and will be invaluable in understanding and applying the new legislation.
Thorough, expert assessment of corporate bankruptcy taxation matters, including:
• Prefiling, postfiling and general planning and practice strategies in corporate Chapter 11 cases
• The tax consequences of one corporation reshuffling its capital structure and of a two-corporation transfer of assets in a tax-free G reorganization
• The consequences of the issuance of stock by a corporate debtor in satisfaction of claims held by its creditors
• The use of and limitations on a corporation's net operating loss carry-overs
• Complete guidance on the tax complexities of consumer bankruptcies, including a chapter-length checklist on tax planning and practice strategies for individual debtors