Get ready to dive into the most thought-provoking and intellectually stimulating discussions of the series with "After Dinner Conversation - Season One." This must-have collection features the most compelling philosophy, ethics and social issues as short story fiction from one of the year's top-rated monthly literary magazines. With a diverse range of genres, from science-fiction to historical fiction, and with contributions from both established and up-and-coming authors, this book is guaranteed to challenge your beliefs and spark meaningful conversations!
Perfect for philosophy students, fiction enthusiasts, or anyone looking to expand their mind; this book is a must-have for anyone who wants to take their conversations to the next level. Be the one to introduce your friends and family to the fascinating world of ethical and moral dilemmas. Each story comes with five suggested discussion questions that will keep you talking for hours.
"...a terrific collection of short stories (for teaching) courses on civics, ethics, or contemporary social problems, in high school or junior college." Philosophy Professor at Chapel Hill, Luc Bovens
"Tears Your Heart. Heart breaking discussions fueled by this book." Amazon Reviewer MariaJ
"...these stories as a whole so far, have been haunting, staying with me long past finishing." Amazon Reviewer Andrea L. Stoeckel
Each short story is also accompanied by discussion questions for the reader, or for a group of readers, to discuss. Many of the short stories have associated podcast discussions on iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, Stitcher, and Youtube, as well as on our website, After Dinner Conversation.
Included Stories Top Ranked In The Following Amazon Categories!
- #1 in Utilitarianism Philosophy
- #1 in Aesthetics
- #1 in Zen Philosophy
- #1 in Children's Books On Values
- #1 in Pragmatism
- #2 in Historical Fiction Short Stories
- #1 in Death, Grief And Spirituality
- #1 in Occult Magic
- #1 in Free Will And Determinism
- #2 in War Fiction
- #1 in Religious Intolerance
- #1 in Political Fiction
- #1 in Sociology of Race Relations
- #1 in Epistemology
- #1 in Ethics & Morality
- #1 in Good & Evil Philosophy
- #1 in Children's Books on Values
- #1 in Jewish Life
- #1 in Christian Ethics
- #2 in Mental Illness
- #1 in Compulsive Behavior
- #2 in Children's Short Stories
- #1 in Children's Multicultural Folk Tales
- #1 in 30-Minute Teen & Young Adult Short Reads
- #2 in 30-Minute Literature & Fiction Short Reads
- #1 in Historical Australian & Oceanian Fiction
- #2 in One-Hour Science Fiction & Fantasy Short Reads
- #2 in Hard Science Fiction
- #2 in Parenting Morals & Responsibility
- #1 in Natural Law Perspectives
- #2 in Criminal Law
- #1 in Comparative Law
- and many more!
Short stories by (in alphabetical order) A. Katherine Black, Ana Carolina Pereira, Andre Lopes, Christine Seifert, David Shultz, Dean Gessie, Jann Everard, Jenean McBrearty, Joanna Michal Hoyt, John Sheirer, Margaret Karmazin, Michael Rook, Shikhandin, Tom Teti, Tyler W. Kurt, Vera Burris, Veronica Leigh, and Viggy Parr Hampton.
★★★ If you enjoy this anthology, subscribe via our website to "After Dinner Conversation Magazine" and receive similar ethical and philosophical short stories delivered (print or digital) every month. (Just search "After Dinner Conversation Magazine")★★★